Biliary dyskinesia – etiology and pathology
Biliary dyskinesia has been defined as a disorder of mechanism of the evacuation of the bile, characterized by severe dysfunction of the gallbladder during the process of expulsion of the bile into the digestive system. The prevalence is unknown, but the incidence of biliary pain is very common. Biliary dyskinesia is more common in women between 40 to 60 years.
There are two types of Biliary dyskinesia. The hyperkinetic Biliary dyskinesia and the hypokinetic Biliary dyskinesia usually characterized poor contraction of the gallbladder.
Biliary dyskinesia – Symptoms and patients’ complains
There are some factors related to abnormalities in the physiological movement of the bile into the digestive system such as stress neurodegeneration, congenital malformations of the biliary system, Hypothyroidism and gastrointestinal disease
Some of the common symptoms are a pain in the right subcostal area, headache, dizziness, nausea, flatulence, fullness sensation and distension, indigestion and frequent diarrhea. Sometimes there is fever accompanied by pain in the right side of the abdomen, nausea, and vomiting. The presence of biliary dysfunction may lead to the development of liver and pancreatic diseases, disorders of the intestinal flora and gastritis.
The management of the biliary dyskinesia involves non-pharmacological, pharmacological and surgical treatments. The diet is the very important element as part of this management. The right modification of the diet can generate a positive condition promoting normal bile outflow. Usually, is very important the restriction of certain types of food. The homeopathy can be used as part of the non-pharmacological treatment.
Homeopathic medicine for biliary dyskinesia
Homeopathic medicine is based on the principle that the agent that can cause similar illness can cure the illness. It can explain taking as consideration the same principle of the vaccines. In the case of patients with bladder dysfunction, the homeopathy provides a comprehensive approach with the aim to relieve the episode of pain.
Homeopathic remedies used for the treatment of the biliary dyskinesia
Some components of the Homeopathy can be used as part of the treatment of patients with Biliary dyskinesia such us:
- Berberis Vulgaris Sudden is frequently used in case of pain on the right subcostal area of the abdomen.
- Bryonia can be used in case of gastritis, pain on the right subcostal area, nausea and vomiting.
- Calcarea Carb can be used in case of defective absorption of food and obesity tendency. Also, it can be applied in patients with abdominal distension and poor appetite.
- Carduus Marianus is mainly used in patients with liver disease and dysfunction of the gallbladder accompanied by nausea and vomiting.
- Chelidonium is an excellent remedy for colic pain and for the prevention of stone formation on the gallbladder. It is very effective for gallstone and jaundice due to obstruction of the gallbladder by stones.
- Cholesterinum is indicated in patients persistent symptoms of gallstone dysfunction.
- Colocynthis is indicated in cases of emotional disturbances, right upper abdominal pain accompanied by abdominal distension.
- Dioscorea can be used in patients with right upper abdominal pain.
- Hydrastis is indicated in patients with liver and gastric problems that usually suffer from abdominal pain, nausea, and vomiting.
- Lycopodium is indicated in patients with emotional problems and some digestive complaints like slow digestion.
- Nux Vomica is used in some patients with abuse of unhealthy food and alcohol abuse.
- Podophyllum is mainly indicated in patients with pain on the right upper abdomen accompanied by a sensation of weakness and abdominal distension. Sometimes it can be used in patients with diarrhea.
- Belladonna is very effective in patients with acute pain caused by gallbladder dysfunction or in some cases of acute cholecystitis.
- China is considered an excellent remedy for acute pain in patients with acute dyskinesia accompanied by gas excess and bloating sensation
- Carbo Vegetabilis is very usefully in cases of abdominal distension. Usually, it has been prescribed when the patient is complaining of bloating gas in the upper region of the abdomen.
- Fel Tauri may increase the intestine secretion and liquefies bile removing the obstruction of gall ducts. It is useful in the treatment of patients with any type of Biliary dyskinesia.
- Arsenicum Album and Ipecacuanha are natural homeopathic medicines very beneficial in case of vomiting and nausea. It is useful in case of epigastric pain.
- Mercurius Iodantum is prescribed when patients are presenting a lump on the gallbladder and there is an evidence of enlargement of the liver.
- Atista Indica can be used in some patients with acute colic pain on the upper abdomen. It is very useful in patients with pain that usually aggravates after eating and relieving by passing flatus.
- Terminalia Chebula – can be used in patients with intense pain in abdomen aggravated at night.
- Psorinum – Recent research has been studied the effect of this homeopathic treatment in dyskinesias of the gallbladder and some types of cancer. The report indicated the clinical efficacy of Psorinum therapy.
The homeopathy can be used as an alternative treatment in patients with Biliary Dyskinesia. At the Philadelphia Homeopathic Clinic, Dr. Tsan – internationally recognized homeopathic practitioner successfully treats different forms of Biliary dyskinesia using a natural homeopathic approach.